Introduction to Soldering & Brazing: They provide permanent joint to bond metal pieces. The process lie some where in between fusion welding and solid state welding. These processes have some advantages...
What are Welding Curtains?
Welding Curtains create a retractable barrier to contain welding fumes and contaminants. Weld Curtains also block 100% of U.V. light providing a safety wall that can slide in and out of use as necessary. Weld curtains increase productivity, reduce injuries, and improve work environments.
What are Welding Curtains made of?
Welding curtains have been designed to overcome the problems associated with the traditional 1 piece welding screen. The Weldflex welding curtain is made from extremely durable 2 mm thick material which is more than 6 times thicker than traditional welding screen material.
- Eliminates costly brick and mortar permanent type walls.
- Separates conflicting tasks within work environments.
- Quickly creates privacy areas.
- Improves working conditions.
- Easily slides out of the way when not needed.
- Helps to control contaminants, temperature, odors, sound and light.
- Safely Protects personnel on other side from welding sparks and UV Light.
- Easy to install, clean and replace.
- Five-year warranty on curtain/Lifetime warranty on all hardware.
Features of Welding Curtains:
- The Weldflex Advantage: The traditional welding screen is a common workplace item but it is one that is often the cause of frustration. The thin PVC sheet is very fragile and tears/burns easily and keeping screens up to Australian safety standards can be an endless and expensive project. With a welding curtain, welding screens are no longer a consumable item.
- Tough & Repairable: 2 mm Thick welding strips and 1 mm Thick welding sheets provide unmatched resistance to tearing or burning and “accidental” damage is impossible. However in the event that some strips are damaged, they can be quickly and easily removed from the key rail for individual replacement. The overlapped welding screen strips allow long fabrications to protrude right though the screen without compromising on blue light protection.
- Fail-safe Protection: Weldflex does not rely on the “human element” to close curtains when welding. Free hanging welding screen strips will reliably fall back in place regardless of what goes through them. Weldflex complies with the Australian standard AS3957 regarding light transmitting screens and curtains for all welding operations.
- Static or Mobile: Mobile welding screens enhance all the advantages of the Weldflex welding screen system. Strong galvanised steel construction with heavy duty castors makes the mobile welding screen ideally suited to the rigors of any busy work shop. Having the welding strips suspended only at the top of the frame means that if the mobile frame is ever knocked over, the welding screen won’t be punctured or torn by objects on the floor. Weldflex mobile screens are available in standard sizes or made to measure ensuring that screen size is best suited to your application.
- Weldflex Options: The Weldflex strip curtain can be used to replace old torn sheet style curtains, create a static welding bay or as a mobile welding screen / barrier for on-site or workshop use. All Weldflex welding curtains are available in kit form which includes strips cut to length and hole punched, aluminium mounting track, all required strip fixings and detailed installation instructions.
Other Features of Welding Curtains:
- 14 or 18 oz vinyl coated polyester fabric with 14 mil Weldview PVC section.
- Curtains meet California State Fire Marshall Standards.
- Double Lock Stitching with mildew/rot resistant thread.
- Finished Edges with 2″ Industrial Strength Velcro for attaching to adjacent curtains.
- Fully enclosed, sewn in, galvanized chain in the bottom hem for motion reduction.
- Resistant to most chemicals.